This satay tofu salad is perfect for a light and healthy dinner. The peanut satay dressing is simple yet satisfying, using premium quality Pic’s Peanut Butter.
Why Pic’s Peanut Butter?
Pic’s Peanut Butter contains only Australian, Hi Oleic peanuts (95.5%) and salt. Nothing else. No added sugar, maltodextrin or additive 320, which is a synthetic analogue of Vitamin E used as an anti-oxidant. It contains a number of essential nutrients including:
Vitamin B3 (Niacin): Essential nutrient for energy production and healthy nervous system and liver function. Consuming sufficient niacin has been associated with a reduced risk of cognitive decline and Alzheimers Disease and may also be helpful in the treatment of mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety.
Vitamin B1 (Thiamin): Another essential water soluble B vitamin necessary for healthy nervous system, blood sugar regulation and facilitates the conversion of carbohydrates into energy.
Vitamin B9 (folate): This nutrient is necessary for healthy blood cell formation, assists in carbohydrate metabolism and is required in additional quantities during pregnancy and other times of rapid growth, such as infancy and adolescence.
Vitamin E: An anti-inflammatory fat soluble vitamin, which protects cells against free radical damage.
The Hi Oleic peanuts used in Pic’s Peanut Butter means that there is a higher ratio of mono-unsaturated fats. In fact, the fatty acid profile is similar to that of olive oil. These mono unsaturated fats not only have well established health benefits, particularly for cholesterol metabolism and overall heart health, but also preserve the freshness of the peanut butter, extending shelf life.
SATAY TOFU SALAD
- Satay sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
4 shallots, finely chopped
2 tbsp Pic’s Peanut Butter
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Satay tofu
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp tamari
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
200 grams organic tofu
100 grams baby kale, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 large carrot, julienned or grated
1 avocado, sliced
Broccoli sprouts, roasted peanuts, nutritional yeast and/or black seeds (optional, to garnish)
- Gently heat sesame oil in pan, add shallots and braise for approx. 5 mins, stirring frequently. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled combine shallots with remaining satay ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut tofu into small squares.
- Gently heat sesame oil, tamari and ginger in shallow pan. Cook tofu on both sides, for approx. 5 minutes each side.
- Place kale in a large mixing bowl and massage with olive oil and salt.
- Assemble bowls. Begin with cooked rice and arrange tofu, carrot, kale and avocado.
- Top with sprouts, peanuts, nutritional yeast, nigela seeds and drizzle with satay dressing.
Love this Satay Tofu Salad? Then you’ll love our Vegan Poké Bowl!