This vegan poké bowl is one of our go-to dinners. It is so easy to make and absolutely packed with nutrients.
We alternate the vegetables used in this recipe according to seasonal availability.
For the protein we have used organic tofu however you can substitute with tempeh. If you’re not strictly plant based, it is also great with organic sashimi grade salmon or tuna.
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 200 grams brown rice noodles
- 200 grams firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 100 grams snow peas
- 100 grams bean sprouts
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cucumber, roughly diced
- 1 small avocado, mashed
- 1 tbsp nori flakes, to serve
- Seaweed salad (optional)
WASABI PONZU DRESSING
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp wasabi powder
- Place sesame oil, onion and ginger in a non-stick pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles as per packet instructions.
- Drain noodles and toss through onion ginger mix.
- Place in the centre of a large bowl and arrange tofu, vegetables, avocado and seaweed salad.
- To make dressing, combine all wasabi ponzu ingredients in a small bowl, mix well.
- Pour over poke bowl and top with nori flakes and chilli.
If you’re interested in trying more of our Vegan recipes check out our Luxe Vegan Ebook. It contains over 40 of our best vegan recipes as well as helpful nutritional info for those adopting a vegan diet or those who simply wish to cut back on their meat and dairy intake.