It is well and truly time to bring out the winter warmers here in Syd! This Thai Noodle Soup is so nourishing, packed with nutrient rich spices and vegetables.
We alternate vegetables used in this dish according to seasonal availability and what produce we can find that is organic.
THAI NOODLE SOUP RECIPE
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 small bunch shallots, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 3 cups filtered water
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into small florets
- 1 corn cob, steamed with kernels removed
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 200 grams rice noodles (prepared according to manufacturer’s instructions)
- Fresh coriander, chilli and shallots, to garnish
- Heat coconut oil in heavy based pan. Add onion, shallots and chilli, stir over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add water and coconut milk. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Add broccolini and corn, simmer gently for approximately 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook noodles according to packet instructions.
- Add noodles, fresh ginger and coriander to soup, simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and chilli. Serve hot.
After some more winter warmer recipes?
Try our spicy tofu laksa!