This sashimi tuna salad bowl is all my favourite foods in one meal. So fresh, healthy and delicious.
We use sashimi grade tuna, purchased from Fine Fish in Neutral Bay. As we always say, the quality of the produce is of utmost importance so we prefer to have high quality fish less often than having it more often and having to compromise on quality.
You can alter the vegetables depending on what is seasonally available. We have used a delicious combination of carrot, cucumber, cabage, avocado and mache lettuce, and served with toasted sesame seeds and a soft boiled egg.
Serve this sashimi tuna salad as a main for a light and healthy dinner or as a side dish to share.
SAshimi tuna salad recipe
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp organic mirin
- 1 red chilli
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 tbsp ginger
- 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1/2 cup cabbage (shredded)
- 1 carrot (ribboned or grated)
- 1 cucumber (ribboned or grated)
- 1 small red capsicum (sliced into strips)
- 2 soft boiled eggs (halved), optional
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl, add tuna, toss well and leave in fridge for approx. 2 hours.
- Cook quinoa as per instructions of your chosen brand.
- While still warm, stir through grated ginger and tamari sauce.
- Place quinoa mix in the centre of the bowl.
- Arrange all other ingredients around quinoa, and top with soft boiled egg (if using) and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.
If you’re a fan of tuna, you’ll also love our sesame crusted tuna recipe with avocado salsa.