Wake up and smell the… apricots? Yes! Why not!?
Get ready to rise and shine with a big ol’ smile with these yummy Apricot Breakfast Bars awaiting you. They’re a nutty, apricot-y party for your taste buds in the morning, wth a cheeky drizzle of dark chocolate on top. Perfect for dunking into your morning brew for a ten out of ten start to your day!
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup Pic’s Peanut Butter
1 1/4 cups apricot purée (or apple sauce)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 cup oats
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup mixed nuts, chopped
1/4 cup hemp or chia seeds
3/4 cup dried organic apricots, sliced
60 grams melted dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170 Degrees C.
- Combine honey, peanut butter, purée, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl, mix to combine.
- Add oats, seeds, nuts and chopped apricots. Stir through until all dry ingredients are coated.
- Spoon mixture into a greased and lined baking tray and bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once cool, drizzle melted chocolate on top.
- Slice and keep in the fridge.
Why do we love apricots?
Apricots, those small but mighty fruits, offer a burst of health benefits alongside their delicious flavour. Packed with essential nutrients like vitamins A, C, and E, potassium, and fibre, they play a vital role in promoting good vision, digestive health, heart health, immune support, radiant skin, and weight management. These little wonders are like a natural multivitamin, keeping your body in top form and even potentially lowering the risk of certain cancers. So, make a bunch of these Apricot Breakfast Bars as a handy pick-me-up pick me up snack that is tasty way to stay healthy and happy!