Packed with organic vegetables, this vegetarian lasagne makes for a hearty yet healthy dinner.
We’ve used spelt organic pasta sheets so that it is low in gluten, however if you are strictly gluten free you can substitute with GF pasta sheets. For a dairy-free option you can replace ricotta and cheddar with your preferred vegan cheese alternative.
We recommend serving with a simple rocket and parmesan salad.
1 hour 20 minutes
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped in quarters
- 1/2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tin organic tomatoes
- 1 bunch basil leaves
KALE RICOTTA MIX
- 1/2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 bunch shallots, chopped
- 1 bunch tuscan kale (cavalo nero), chopped
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 300 grams organic ricotta
- 125 grams organic lasagne sheets
- 100 grams organic cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Start by preparing roast vegetables. Place EVOO and vegetables in an oven proof dish and bake for approx. 45 mins, turning regularly.
- Whilst vegetables are cooking, prepare the tomato sauce. Place EVOO and garlic in a saucepan, stirring over medium heat for approx. 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and basil, stirring regularly over low heat for approx. 10 minutes.
- In another saucepan, gently heat EVOO for kale ricotta mix.
- Add shallots and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add kale and water, cover and cook for approx. 10 minutes over low heat. Add more water if required. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly and then stir through ricotta.
- Combine roast vegetables and tomato sauce in a blender. Gently pulse to mix (do not puree).
- Layer in an over proof lasagne dish, starting with vegetable/tomato layer, topped with lasagne sheets (break to fit and try not to overlap), followed by a layer of the kale ricotta mix.
- Repeat this process again and finish with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for approx. 15 minutes.
- Serve with rocket or baby spinach salad (optional).