These Choc-Tahini Bliss Balls are so delicious (albeit slightly addictive). They take less than 10 minutes to make containing only 5 key ingredients. Of course, you may wish to get creative and add in your choice of superfood powders or plant based protein… but this is totally up to you.
Tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds, best known (nutritionally) for its high calcium* content. These seeds are also a good source of Vitamin B1 as well as other minerals, such as magnesium, manganese, iron, zinc and selenium. Sesame seeds also contain fibre and are low on the glycaemic index. All of this translates to health benefits such as:
- Healthy blood sugar regulation
- Bone health
- Phytosterol content helps to lower cholesterol
- Promotes cardio-vascular and respiratory function
- Beneficial for sleep
- Healthy nervous system
- Selenium and other minerals are important components of antioxidant compounds
* Please note that calcium content varies depending on whether or not tahini is made from hulled sesame seeds. Non-hulled sesame have a higher total calcium content, however the form of calcium needs to be taken into consideration. That is, the calcium in the hulls is in the form of calcium oxalate, which is more difficult to absorb, and should be avoided in those wishing to reduce oxalate consumption.