For anyone who loves Ferrero Rochers, we have created the perfect healthy alternative just for you. We recommend using activated hazelnuts for the centre as this creates a greater crunch, as well as making it easier for your body to digest.
For the chocolate coating of these ferrero rocher style truffles, we use raw dark chocolate. You can use any chocolate of your choosing, however we encourage you to read the ingredients to ensure it does not contain cane sugar or agave syrup.
1 cup hazelnut meal
1/3 cup cacao powder
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
2-3 tbsp coconut nectar
3 tbsp cashew milk
15-20 whole hazelnuts
1/2 cup blanched slivered hazelnuts (or almonds), finely chopped
100g melted dark chocolate
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
Pinch Himalayan sea salt
1. Combine hazelnut meal, cacao powder, melted coconut oil, coconut nectar, cashew milk, vanilla bean paste and pinch sea salt in a mixing bowl, mix well.
2. Place mixture in the fridge for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
3. Meanwhile, roughly chop blanched, slivered nuts.
4. Over low heat, melt chocolate using a double saucepan.
5. Once the chocolate ganache mixture is firm, roll into small truffle size balls.
6. Then push 1 whole hazelnut into the centre of each truffle and mold the chocolate ganache around the outside to cover.
7. Repeat this process for each truffle.
8. Roll truffles in chopped nuts.
9. Then, quickly dip in melted chocolate and place in the fridge to allow to set (approx. 10-15 minutes).