Another quick, simple and delicious recipe.
These courgette and halloumi fritters are great served for breakfast or Sunday brunch!
We serve with avocado, fresh young greens, sliced cherry tomatoes, lime, chilli flakes, Himalayan sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
1 small leek2 shallots1 small red chilli2 courgettes (approx 300g)80 grams baby spinach1/3 cup besan flour70 grams halloumi1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil3-4 tbsp filtered water2 organic eggs
Pinch sea salt and pepper
- Place 1 tbsp coconut oil in a pan on medium heat and allow to melt.
- Add in diced shallots, courgettes, chilli, chopped leek and 1-2 tbsp water.
- Cover and leave to cook for 10-15 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, add spinach leaves and 2 tbsp water and steam for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from the stove and roughly mash, adding in a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Place in a bowl with beaten eggs and besan flour and mix.
- Slice the halloumi and lightly pan cook until slightly golden.
- Dice cooked halloumi and stir into the fritter mixture.
- Place 1 tsp coconut oil in a non stick pan on medium heat and allow to melt.
- Scoop some of the mixture into the pan and cook for approx. 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture.
- Serve with sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, basil, mint, lime and chilli flakes.
After some more weekend brunch ideas?
Our Shakshuka is a must-try for a warming, nourishing breakfast or brunch.