If you are yet to jump on board the sweet potato brownie bandwagon, we absolutely insist that you do. I was a little hesitant to try it, I’ll admit, but these well and truly exceeded my expectations. They are rich and chocolatey, fudgey and delicious.
For those concerned, you can’t actually taste the sweet potato. It just adds to the soft texture, adds natural sweetness, as well as contributing to its nutritional value. As these brownies are also vegan, the sweet potato is an important ingredient to help bind the mixture.
We hope you enjoy this sweet potato brownies recipe. Please tag us on Instagram @healthyluxe when you make our recipes so we can share them!
SWEET POTATO BROWNIES
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 cup sweet potato puree
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp filtered water
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup walnuts, optional
1 cup coconut yoghurt
3 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then add ‘wet’ ingredients, mix well. Gently stir though walnuts (if using).
- Grease and line a spring form baking tin and spoon in the brownie mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before removing from baking dish.
Meanwhile, prepare icing. Simply combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl, mix well.
- Spread ‘icing’ on top of the brownies and cut into squares. Dust with cacao powder (optional), serve and enjoy.