What better way to get in some veg.
This rainbow buddha bowl is one of our most popular savoury dishes, packed with flavour, nutrients and it has that ‘clean’ finish that leaves you feeling nourished and satisfied.
We have added Power Superfoods organic nori flakes, a mild tasting seaweed harvested by hand from pristine waters off Canada. Nori is very low in calories and high in flavour, as well as being a great source of nutrients such as B vitamins, Vitamins A and E, amino acids (protein), fibre and trace minerals.
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger (+ 1 tsp)
1 cup cooked brown rice
250 grams soft organic tofu
1/2 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 corn cob
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1 carrot, in ribbons
1 cucumber, in ribbons
2 tbsp nori flakes, to sprinkle
- Sauté brown onion in 1/2 tbsp sesame oil over low-heat for 5 minutes.
- Then add 1 tbsp grated ginger and cooked brown rice, stir and cover to retain heat.
- Put 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, tamari and 1 tsp ginger in a non-stick pan.
- Add sliced tofu, leave to cook for 2-3 minutes, turn, sprinkle with sesame seeds and allow the other side to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Place brown rice mixture in the centre of your bowl and arrange tofu and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with nori flakes and additional sesame seeds, serve and enjoy.