Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and most importantly, deeelicious.
This homemade banana bread is a great, healthier alternative to classic banana bread found in stores and in cafes.
It is gluten free, made using a combination of tiger nut flour and almond meal (you can swap almond meal for buckwheat flour if you would like to make this recipe nut free).
We recommend serving with tahini and honey or nut butter.
1 1/2 cup almond meal*
3/4 cup tiger nut flour
3 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp mesquite powder (optional)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
2 organic eggs, separated
4 large ripe bananas
1/3 cup cashew butter*
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup warm water
*Swap to buckwheat flour and sunflower seed butter to make nut-free.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Place bananas, egg yolks, cashew butter, coconut oil and warm water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the dry mixture, mix well.
- Whisk egg whites until firm peaks form and then gently fold into the mixture.
- Scoop into a greased and lined loaf tin and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow banana bread to cool for 15 minutes and then turn onto a cooling rack.
- Serve with nut butter, tahini and honey or your choice of spread.
We also have a great chocolate chip banana bread recipe we think you’ll love!