1 1/2 cup almond meal*
3/4 cup tiger nut flour
3 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp mesquite powder (optional)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
2 organic eggs, separated
4 large ripe bananas
1/3 cup cashew butter*
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup warm water
*Swap to buckwheat flour and sunflower seed butter to make nut-free.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Place bananas, egg yolks, cashew butter, coconut oil and warm water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the dry mixture, mix well.
- Whisk egg whites until firm peaks form and then gently fold into the mixture.
- Scoop into a greased and lined loaf tin and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow banana bread to cool for 15 minutes and then turn onto a cooling rack.
- Serve with nut butter, tahini and honey or your choice of spread.