Tastes like summer in a bowl. This creamy coconut and pitaya nice cream is so refreshing and so satisfying.
We have added some of our go-to supplements to this coconut pitaya nicecream including Proplenish marine collagen which promotes healthy hair, skin and nails and we have also used our trusty Amazonia frozen organic pitaya which is packed with antioxidants.
- Combine all ingredients (except pitaya, raspberries and mango) in a blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon approx. 2/3rds of the mixture into bowls and then add the fruit to the remaining mixture.
- Blend until smooth and add to bowls.
- Top with banana and/or coconut.
- Serve and enjoy.
And the health benefits of banana?
- Bananas are low on the glycaemic index (assisting with blood glucose regulation).
- They help to correct dysbiosis and associated digestive complaints.
- The fibre content in bananas is also beneficial for colon health.
- The nutrient most associated with bananas is potassium, an important mineral for our cardio-vascular system, helping to regulate blood pressure.
- Bananas contain good levels of tryptophan, the precursor amino acid to the neurotransmitter, serotonin (involved in mood and memory).
- Good quantities of vitamin B6, as well as vitamin C, biotin, folate and manganese.