This homemade gluten-free zucchini loaf has the superfood bonus of coconut protein powder. Adding a plant based protein enhances the nutritional value as well as adding great flavour. We have used a coconut superfood blend from 180 Nutrition.
2 small grated zucchini (200g)
1 1/2 cups almond meal
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp orange zest
3 organic eggs
2-3 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp mesquite powder (optional)
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp protein powder (optional)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and add other wet ingredients. Gradually add to dry mixture, mixing well.
- Spoon into a greased and lined loaf tin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 – 30 mins.