Looking for a healthy dinner that you can make in less than 20 minutes? We’ve got you covered with this tofu buddha bowl recipe. It is absolutely packed with nutrients and flavour, and is made with wholesome, plant based ingredients and served in our trusty Coconut Bowls.
We alternate the vegetables used in this recipe depending on seasonal availability and freshness of produce. You can also use brown rice in place of quinoa if you prefer, however quinoa is quicker to cook and is a great source of protein.
TOFU BUDDHA BOWL RECIPE
2 (as a main)
The secret to delicious salads is in the quality and freshness of produce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp tamari
- 200 grams firm tofu, sliced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 100 grams lettuce
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cucumber, shredded
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced
ASAIN SESAME SAUCE
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Place olive oil, maple and tamari in a shallow saucepan.
- Add tofu and cook over low heat for approx. 10 minutes, ensuring both sides are coated.
- Meanwhile, prepare your dressing. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Divide quinoa between two coconut bowls and arrange lettuce and chopped vegetables.
- Top with cooked tofu, sliced avocado, roasted cashews and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle with asian sesame sauce, serve and enjoy.
Looking for more salad ideas?
Try our quinoa salad 3 ways recipe! They’re protein packed, flavoursome and very low calorie.