There is something about the combination of vegetables in Ratatouille that delivers a delicious, natural ‘caramelised’ flavour.
Something else we love about ratatouille is that it is a very versatile dish. It can be served as a salad with avocado or as a side dish with a number of our main meals. One in particular is our sesame crusted tuna which we often serve on a bed of ratatouille.
Another simple serving suggestion is simply on a slice of gluten free toast with grilled halloumi and sprouts.
4 (as a side)
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 courgettes
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Slice eggplant and sprinkle a pinch of salt evenly to cover surface. Allow the salt to absorb for 1-2 minutes.
- Using a kitchen towel dab the eggplant to remove excess moisture.
- Turn eggplant over and repeat this process.
- Place coconut oil in a pan and braise diced onion for 1-2 minutes over low heat.
- Add in remaining diced vegetables, cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until all vegetables are tender, stirring regularly.
- Serve as a salad with avocado and greens or as an accompaniment to a main dish.