This Thai spiced Crab Timbale is the perfect light, refreshing and healthy dinner in the lead up to Summer, not to mention it is incredibly delicious!
We love creating thai flavours as we have done for this Crab and Avocado Timbale. To create this flavour we have used ginger, chilli, lime and mint.
As you can probably tell by now, we love our avocado – it is most definitely a staple in the Healthy Luxe kitchen. For the avocado salsa, we use 1.5 avocados in combination with grapeseed oil, mint, coriander, fresh lime and a pinch of Himilayan sea salt – yum!
- 200 grams cooked crab meat (we use wild caught spanner crab from Fraser Island)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 1/2 medium red chilli
- 10 grams knob fresh ginger, grated
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1 1/2 avocados (chopped into ‘cubes’)
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
Pinch Himilayan sea salt
Chopped fresh mint leaves and coriander
- Mix all crab timbale ingredients in a bowl.
- Half the mixture and place on two plates, placing inside a circular metal ring*.
- Cover with cling wrap and surround outside of ring formation with paper towels to absorb all excess moisture.
- Place in the fridge and leave for 2-3 hours to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Just before serving prepare your avocado salsa.
- Gently mix all ingredients together (try not to mush the avocado).
- Place on top of the crab mixture.
- Remove metal ring and garnish with fresh lime, coriander and mint and scatter with fresh spinach, rocket leaves and/or tomato.
*We use 2 small spring form cake tins (without the base).
Want to try another one of our Thai inspired recipes?
Try our Thai Noodle Soup! Nourishing and flavour packed.