So you may have noticed that this choc-tahini sauce/spread seems to find its way into a lot of our recipes… particularly our pancakes or as an accompaniment to some of our sweet treats.
As such, we thought it would be a good idea to share our famous chocolate tahini sauce recipe. We alternate it slightly depending on what we are serving it with… For example, for our ‘Jaffa’ hotcakes we add a tablespoon of lucuma powder and orange juice/zest to create a creamy orange-chocolate flavour.
Another great thing about this is that it can also be served as a spread on your choice of toast (simply by adding less water to make it thicker).
Choc Tahini sauce RECIPE
2 generous serves
- 1 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar (alter according to desired sweetness)
- 1/2 tbsp hulled tahini
- Boiling water, add to desired consistency
- Pinch vanilla bean powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp lucuma powder
- 1 tsp mesquite powder
- 1 tsp orange juice/zest
- Place cacao powder in a small bowl and add in coconut nectar.
- Then, add in a dash of boiling water and mix until coconut nectar has melted and ingredients are combined.
- Add in tahini (this will create a creamier texture) and mix.
- Add in any additional ingredients you would like and add in boiling water to desired consistency.