Fluffy peanut butter pancakes with a creamy peanut-chocolate sauce, topped with roasted peanuts and raw caramel chocolate for that added ‘Snickers’-like crunch. Perfection.
This snickers pancakes recipe was created in collaboration with Sophie from @coconutandbliss.
We highly recommend using Pics Peanut Butter for this (and all our other peanut butter recipes for that matter). We assure you it is unlike any other peanut butter on the market. We should warn you though, once you start using Pics there is certainly no turning back.
Fun fact: Did you know that peanuts are actually legumes (not nuts)? More reason to pile on the pb I say. At least I know for certain I will never ever have a legume deficiency.
We have used biodynamic organic eggs in this recipe but you can substitute with a vegan egg replacement if desired.
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup peanuts (ground to a flour)
1 tbsp mesquite powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
2 organic eggs, separated (or vegan egg replacement)
2 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tsp coconut nectar
Boiling water, add according to desired consistency
- Combine all dry pancake ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Then place egg yolks, peanut butter, banana and almond milk in a blender, blend until smooth. Transfer to the dry mixture, mix well.
- Beat egg whites until firm peaks form and gently fold into the mixture.
- Place coconut oil in a non-stick pan and allow to melt over low-medium heat. Add a small amount of the pancake mixture and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes (or until bubbles start to form).
- Flip and allow the other side to cook for another minute or so.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture.
- To make chocolate sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Serve pancakes with chocolate sauce, roasted peanuts and chopped raw chocolate (optional).