1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup peanuts (ground to a flour)
1 tbsp mesquite powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
2 organic eggs, separated (or vegan egg replacement)
2 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tsp coconut nectar
Boiling water, add according to desired consistency
- Combine all dry pancake ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Then place egg yolks, peanut butter, banana and almond milk in a blender, blend until smooth. Transfer to the dry mixture, mix well.
- Beat egg whites until firm peaks form and gently fold into the mixture.
- Place coconut oil in a non-stick pan and allow to melt over low-medium heat. Add a small amount of the pancake mixture and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes (or until bubbles start to form).
- Flip and allow the other side to cook for another minute or so.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture.
- To make chocolate sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Serve pancakes with chocolate sauce, roasted peanuts and chopped raw chocolate (optional).