Rhubarb compote is a great addition to granola and yoghurt, oats or on it’s own. Our compote is sweetened only with fresh apples, contrasted to the majority of store bought compotes that usually contain significant quantities of sugar. The apple creates a delicious texture, adds nutritional value and provides ample sweetness.
This rhubarb compote couldn’t be easier to make, containing only 2 key ingredients.
For those who love rhubarb as much as we do, we also have a delicious winter rhubarb crumble (recipe on our app). It is one of my favourite breakfasts during the winter, having said that, I still crave it in the Summer!
RHUBARB COMPOTE RECIPE
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 large bunch rhubarb
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- Peel the apples and thinly slice, removing the core.
- Rinse and chop the stalks off the rhubarb.
- Combine in a saucepan with filtered water and leave to simmer for approx. 20 minutes, checking occasionally and adding more water if required.
- Take off heat and leave to cool.
- Serve with your choice of yoghurt, granola, on top of oats, etc.