Another healthy take on a classic.
Our “picnic” bar was inspired by the famous Cadbury’s chocolate bar. Whilst the ingredients used in our recipe bears no resemblance to the original, the taste and texture is just as delicious… Even better if you ask us!
This recipe was created in collaboration with Sophie from Coconut and Bliss.
Wafer crunch mix
1/4 cup puffed quinoa
1/3 cups buckinis
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp coconut nectar
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
Salted caramel peanut filling
1 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup filtered water
1 tbsp mesquite powder
1 tbsp hulled tahini
1 cup medjool dates
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
150 grams dark chocolate
1/2 cup raw peanuts
- Place all ingredients for the wafer crunch mix in a mixing bowl, mix until well combined.
- Drain and rinse cashews and place in a high-power blender with remaining salted caramel peanut ingredients. Blend until smooth (this takes a few minutes).
- Add the peanut caramel to the wafer crunch mixture, stir thoroughly.
- Press into a greased and lined baking tin and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Once set, cut into rectangles and return to freezer.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate using a double-boiler.
- Press peanuts into the bars and dip in chocolate.
- Return to freezer until chocolate has set (this happens quickly).
- Serve and enjoy.
Want to try more healthy takes on classic chocolate bars? Try this coconut caramel slice next!