Calling all chocolate-orange fans!
Choc orange seems to be one of those combinations people either love or hate… but we don’t quite understand what’s not to love! This raw ‘Jaffa’ cheesecake contains all natural, whole food ingredients (like all our cheesecakes) and is so easy to make.
How do you make raw cakes?
Often people can get a bit scared when they see raw cake recipes. Between the lengthy list of ingredients, superfood powders you’ve never even heard of and the long soaking times, it is no wonder it can seem a little overwhelming.
While we are guilty of including slightly odd superfood ingredients in our recipes, these are always optional extras. So if you have them, great! If not, no stress. It won’t alter the taste of the recipe, it is just for the added nutritional benefit.
In terms of soaking, while we do recommend this, it is not essential if you’re short on time.
So if you eliminate the 3 hours of soaking and obscure ingredients, we think you’ll be surprised by how quick and easy it is!
1/3 cup almonds
1/3 cup buckinis
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
6 medjool dates
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp coconut oil
1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
1/2 cup coconut cream or coconut yoghurt
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tbsp orange zest
2 tbsp cacao butter, melted
3 tbsp coconut nectar
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Press into the base of a greased and lined spring form cake tin and set aside while you make the filling.
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews and place in blender with remaining ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon on top of the base and place in the freezer 4-5 hours or overnight to set.
- Allow to thaw before serving and top with orange chocolate.
If you like chocolate orange you’ll love our “Jaffa” pancakes!