Wanting to step up your health routine? Here a few simple and effective healthy habits that you can start NOW that will help set you on the right track.
- Start the day with a glass of hot water and lemon. This helps to kick-start your metabolism and rehydrate after sleep. We do recommend using a straw to protect the enamel on your teeth.
- Eat within an hour of waking. Eating a healthy, hearty breakfast prevents over-eating later in the day and as the name suggests, it is important to quite literally “break the fast”.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. This is crucial for optimal functioning as our bodies are made up of 60% water. This is also one of our top tips for healthy skin. Find out more about why staying hydrated is so important here.
- Take time out in your day to practice ‘mindfulness’. This may be simply acknowledging something each day that you are grateful for, or something that brings you happiness.
- Swap light for dark (generally speaking). That’s white bread for rye, white rice for brown, milk chocolate for dark chocolate, etc etc.
- Aim to reach 10,000 steps each day. The ‘Health’ app on your smartphone tracks this for you. Take the option to walk instead of bus/drive whenever you can… Your body (and the environment) will thank you.
- Aim for 8 hours of sleep per night. This is so often overlooked but it is actually one of the most crucial elements to achieving optimal wellbeing. Sleep impacts everything from our energy levels, our metabolism and our skin. Try our Turmeric Latte. This is a great evening ritual to help you wind down and relax the nervous system after the day.