Ways with turmeric
1 1/2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup buckinis, ground to a flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup cacao powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
3 tbsp coconut nectar
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp coconut nectar
1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tsp blood orange zest
1 tsp fresh turmeric powder
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Combine all dry base ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add coconut nectar and coconut oil, mix until it starts to stick together .
- Mould into a greased and lined spring-form cake tin (covering base and sides).
- Place in the oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Drain and rinse cashews for the filling. Place in a high-power blender with remaining orange and turmeric filling ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy (this takes a few minutes).
- Spoon into the base and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until set.
- Transfer to fridge an hour or so before serving to thaw.
- Top with cacao nibs (optional), slice and serve.
2 cups macadamia milk
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp mesquite powder (optional)
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp raw honey or coconut nectar (add more if you prefer a sweeter drink)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, blend until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer to a saucepan and heat over low-medium heat.
- Transfer to mugs and top with cinnamon (optional).
- Serve and enjoy.