Spicy harissa red pesto is great mixed through pasta or served with grilled fish. It is also delicious served as a dip with vegetable crudités and crackers of choice. If you’re feeling creative, try our homemade seed crackers to accompany your homemade dip… that’s one way to impress your guests (and know exactly what is going into your food).
We love using the pulse function on our blender to retain a slightly chunky texture.
HARISSA RED PESTO
- 100 grams sun fried tomatoes
- 2 red capsicums
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2-3 tsp harissa (paste or dried)
- 1 tsp freshly gated garlic
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp parmesan (or vegan parmesan)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and gently pulse.
- Transfer to a small dish and serve as a dip with crackers and crudités or stir through your favourite pasta.