Such a healthy and delicious snack, and great for entertaining. We love serving them with smashed avocado, lemon and olive oil and/or hummus.
These seed crackers couldn’t be easier to make thanks to The Source Bulkfoods‘ mixed seeds. Of course you can also choose your own seed mix however it is important that you include chia seeds and linseeds as this is what binds the mixture.
Serves 6 (as a snack).
2 cups mixed seeds (ensure you include chia seeds and linseeds as this is what binds the mixture)
1/4 cup wattle seeds
1 1/4 cups filtered water
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Combine seeds, water and salt in a bowl and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Evenly spread the seed mixture on a lined baking tray and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and score into desired shape.
- Return to oven to cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool. They will break easily into shape scored earlier.
- Add your choice of toppings, serve and enjoy.Store in an air-tight container, keeps for 4-5 days.
We love these seed crackers topped with avocado and/or our spicy walnut and beetroot dip.