This gingerbread nice cream is the perfect breakfast or dessert for the festive season.
We’ve added lots of delicious spices to this gingerbread nice cream create a chai-like flavour.
For the base of this blend we have used a combination of frozen bananas and frozen coconut flesh. If you don’t have coconut flesh, you can replace with an addition 2 bananas and vice versa.
We’ve topped with vegan gingerbread men dipped in dark chocolate which is optional, but highly recommended!
2 frozen bananas
200 grams frozen coconut flesh
2 medjool dates
1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/4 tsp ground cardamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a high-power blender, blend until smooth.
- Transfer to coconut bowls and top with gingerbread men (optional), chocolate, coconut and/or cinnamon.
What are the health benefits of ginger?
Ginger is a familiar and well known spice that has a warming quality ideal for winter months. Whilst it does not contain significant quantities of vitamins and minerals, it is highly flavoursome and has a number of medicinal compounds.
Some of Ginger’s traditional medicinal uses (largely due to compounds called gingerols) which have been supported in medical trials include:
- Assisting with digestive complaints, including vomiting
- Relieving nausea caused by motion sickness and pregnancy
- Relief of inflammatory conditions including arthritis and myalgia conditions
- Analgesic effects for conditons such as migraines
- Some studies have shown cancer inhibitory activity, particularly colo-rectal cancers and ovarian cancers
- Improves circulation and cardio-vascular health (therefore caution if taking blood thinning medications)
- Improves HDL/LDL cholesterol ratios
- Can alleviates asthma symptoms
Keen to try more nice cream recipes? Our Espresso Nice Cream is one of our most popular! Perfect for coffee lovers.