Calling all vanilla chai fans!
This vanilla chai nice cream is so flavoursome and packed with nutrients. We recommend making the spiced pears a day ahead so that you can reserve and freeze the liquid to use in your nice cream. To create the creamy nice cream texture, we add macadamias to the chai spiced liquid, as well as a few medjool dates for a hint of sweetness. Then you simply need to blend the chai ice blocks with frozen bananas, and add the poached pears for topping and voila.
The freezing process does mean you need to plan ahead but it’s well worth it for that amazing ice-cream like consistency!
330ml coconut water
1 vanilla pod
3 cardamon pods
1 cinnamon quill
1 slice ginger
2 pears, peeled
Vanilla chai nice cream
4 frozen bananas
1 cup vanilla chai ice blocks
- Firstly prepare the spiced pears. Combine all ingredients (except pears) in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Then add pears, reduce heat and allow to simmer for approx. 15 minutes.
- Remove pears from saucepan and allow vanilla chai mixture to cool.
- Transfer vanilla chia mixture to a blender, add 1/2 cup macadamias and 2 medjool dates.
- Pour into ice-block moulds and freeze.
- Combine 4 frozen bananas and vanilla chai ice blocks.
- Spoon into coconut bowls and top with with poached pears, macadamias and dust with cinnamon.