Super green pesto pasta
1 cup pasta (we have used quinoa and amaranth)
1 tbsp olive oil
4 shallots, finely chopped
1 small leek, chopped
1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
100g baby spinach leaves
50g snap peas
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (to serve)
Sprouts (to serve)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (B12 fortified)
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1/4 cup filtered water
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Cook shallots and leek in olive oil over low heat for approx. 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, spinach and snap peas and steam a further 5 – 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make your pesto sauce. Combine all ingredients in a high-power blender. Briefly blend to retain chunky texture.
- Add pesto and pasta to vegetable mix and stir for a few minutes.
- Serve with toasted pine nuts and sprouts.