The pumpkin creates the soft, fluffy texture while the spices add nutrients and flavour.
For this spiced pumpkin and pecan pancakes recipe, we’ve created our own flours by simply blending buckinis (buckwheat kernels) and pecans, however you can also use buckwheat flour and nut meal of choice.
We recommend serving with a drizzle of maple syrup and coconut yoghurt. It’s a must try!
1/3 cup buckinis (buckwheat kernels)
1/2 cup pecans
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup almond milk
2 medjool dates
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla bean powder or essence
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
2 organic eggs, separated
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp coconut oil (to cook)
Serve with maple or honey
- Combine buckinis, pecans, pureed pumpkin, almond milk, dates, spices and egg yolks in a high-power blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add baking powder.
- Whisk egg whites until firm peaks form and then gently fold into the mixture.
- Place coconut oil in a non-stick pan and allow to melt over low-medium heat. Add a small amount of the pancake mixture and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes (or until bubbles start to form). Flip and allow the other side to cook for another minute or so.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture.
- Serve with maple syrup or raw honey.