Just when you thought we couldn’t get any more peanut butter obsessed…
Getting into the habit of making your own granola is one of the best healthy habits to establish. It is so quick and easy, tastes better and prevents over consumption of unnecessary sugar, salt and preservatives. This peanut butter granola is proof that taking out the sugar doesn’t mean compromising on taste!
2 cups gluten-free oats
1 cup buckinis
1/2 cup peanuts
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
3/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add coconut oil and peanut butter, mix well.
- Spread granola over a lined baking tray and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning every few minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave granola in the oven for approx. 30 minutes to continue baking.
- Once completely cooled, store granola in an air-tight glass jar.
This peanut butter granola is great on top of smoothie bowls and nice cream for that delicious crunch factor. Try it on our Hawaiian style acai bowl – it’s a daily staple for us!