Cant’ go wrong with caramel, chocolate and peanuts.
This Snickers Slice is made even more delicious thanks to Alter Eco certified organic super dark chocolate. We’ve used the 90% Super Blackout chocolate. It’s vegan, gluten free and non-gmo which has an intense, smooth and subtle fruity flavour.
Why Alter Eco?
With so many chocolate brands on supermarket shelves, it can be a little overwhelming in deciding which to choose.
Our choice is always Alter Eco – a chocolate-centric, sustainability-directed food company that takes healthy indulgence to an entirely new level. Alter Eco have a range of delicious flavours including salted almond, brown butter, burnt caramel and quinoa crunch. Recently, Alter Eco debuted a new vegan Superdark range including vegan chocolate truffles, 90% dark chocolate (plain and crisp mint) and double chocolate coconut clusters! The new range features premium ingredients like silky-smooth Swiss-made cocoa and nourishing coconut oil. All Alter Eco chocolates are Certified Organic, Fairtrade, Carbon Neutral Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Gluten-Free* (*except the Salt & Malt Bar). In addition to all of these certifications, the entire Superdark collection is also vegan and paleo-friendly. Ticking all boxes!
1/2 cup macadamias
1/4 cup buckinis
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup medjool dates
1 tsp coconut oil
- Peanut filling
2 cups cashews (soaked for 3 hours)
1/2 cup coconut yoghurt (or coconut cream)
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp hulled tahini
1/2 cup filtered water
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut nectar
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup raw peanuts
100 grams Alter Eco 90% Super Blackout chocolate
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Press into the base of a greased and lined spring form cake tin and set aside while you make the filling.
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews and place in blender with all remaining ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon filling on top of the base.
- Sprinkle peanuts on top and place in the freezer for 4-5 hours or overnight to set.
- Drizzle with dark Alter Eco chocolate, serve and enjoy.
If you, like us, are obsessed with Alter Eco chocolate, we insist you try our deliciious White Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake next!