Savoury muffins are great for a quick and easy on-the-go breakfast. You can even make a batch of these roast pumpkin and zucchini muffins and freeze to keep fresh for longer.
We’ve used a combination of buckwheat flour and hazelnut meal for this recipe. You can purchase these ingredients from most supermarkets or alternatively, you can make your own flours simply by blending buckwheat kernels and/or hazelnuts in a high power blender. This creates a softer and more spongy texture.
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup hazelnut meal
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups cooked pumpkin
1 large zucchini, grated
1/2 cup dairy free milk (we use macadamia)
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup raw honey
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Place pumpkin in a Mod Blend Pro and purée.
- Add pureed pumpkin to the dry mixture with grated zucchini, milk, olive oil, honey, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Then gently stir though dates and walnuts.
- Spoon mixture into a greased and lined muffin tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.