The Healthy Luxe PB & J Bars coated in vegan dark chocolate are going to change your snack game. Healthy, delicious and a great on the go treat~ Loaded with Pic’s Peanut Butter of course!
Maybe you’re trying to make friends in the office, or perhaps the kids are back to school and you want healthy snacks for the lunch boxes. Whatever it is, we have you sorted!
The PB & J Bars are packed with PIC’s Peanut Butter which only contains two ingredients; peanuts, and sea salt (and only a little bit). Unless you get the NO SALT option, in which case JUST peanuts! You’ll have to believe us when we tell you it is simply so good, you might just go a little nutty yourself! PIC’s are most definitely the experts in peanut butter and if you haven’t yet tried them, then ladies and gentleman it’s time. (we are sorry in advance if we create peanut butter monsters out of you all!)
So now that we have the peanut butter situation sorted, we’ve got a caramel layer, raspberry and chocolate layer and last but not least… a yummy base made from dates, almonds, a little pop of buckinis…and VOILÀ!
The PB & J Bars are a mouth watering, on the go snack you can indulge in and not feel guilty about!
1/2 cup medjool dates
1/2 cup buckinis
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1 tsp coconut oil
1 cup of medjool dates ( soak in warm water for a few minutes to soften)
3/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup Pic’s Peanut Butter
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tbsp hulled tahini
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1/3 cup filtered water (add more if required)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- RASPBERRY JAM
1 cup pf frozen raspberries
1/2 cup orange juice
1-2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
2 tbsp chia seeds
180 grams vegan dark chocolate (melted)
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high-power blender, blend until smooth.
- Press the base into a greased and lined square or rectangular baking tray and place in the fridge while you make the peanut-caramel layer.
- Combine all peanut-caramel ingredients in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Scoop the caramel on top of the base, spreading evenly
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until firm
- Using a sharp knife, slice into approx. 15 even pieces
- Melt the chocolate using a double saucepan and then transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Allow the chocolate to cool slightly and then dip each individual caramel shortbread into the chocolate until fully covered.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a plate to transfer the chocolate covered bars.
- Place in the fridge for 10-20 minutes to set, then serve and enjoy
If it’s snacks you’re looking for, we have plenty more where that came from! Check out our Healthy Luxe App for more easy on the go snack recipes or perhaps go check out our Cookie Dough Collage Protein Balls. ! If you’ve landed here because like us, your peanut butter crazy. Then be sure to check out our PB addicts collection on the app, for more indulgent treats you don’t have to feel guilty about!