One for the choc-mint lovers.
We have used macadamia nuts in the filling of this mint chocolate slice, however you may wish to replace with cashew nuts for a more subtle flavour. This dessert has an enhanced nutritional profile thanks to the addition of matcha powder – pure stone ground green tea.
1/3 cup buckinis
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
5 medjool dates
1 tbsp filtered water
1 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp coconut oil
1 1/2 cups macadamias or cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
3/4 cup coconut yoghurt
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp matcha powder
2-3 drops food grade peppermint oil, or to taste
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Press into the base of a greased and lined spring-form cake tin (15cm diameter) and place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Drain and rinse soaked macadamias. Place all filling ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth and creamy, this takes a few minutes.
- Spoon the filling on the base and return to freezer for 4-5 hours (or overnight) to set.
- Place in the fridge 1-2 hours to allow to thaw and serve with melted raw chocolate.