With just 2 more sleeps until Christmas, now is the perfect time to whip up a batch of gingerbread cookies!
Not only are these gingerbread cookies gluten free, but they are also dairy free and refined sugar free (don’t worry – with no compromise on taste!)
We’ve also used a delicious blend of spices including cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon, vanilla and of course – ginger. We like to add a little extra ginger for a more intense flavour however this is optional.
We recommend drizzling with melted dark chocolate and/or decorating with coconut yoghurt.
They are the perfect addition to your Christmas dessert table or a great last minute gift idea!
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup cashew meal or almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cardamon
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
3 tbsp coconut nectar, honey or maple syrup
2 tbsp cashew butter
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 organic egg
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add in all other ingredients and mix well.
- Form the dough into a large flattened ball and place on a sheet of baking paper.
- Sprinkle with buckwheat flour and roll until at least 1 cm thick. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Drizzle with raw melted chocolate.
If you feel like going all out with the gingerbread theme, try our gingerbread nice cream with these cookies as a topping! It’s the perfect breakfast for Christmas morning.