This flourless chocolate cake recipe is one of our go-to desserts this festive season. It is delicious, simple and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Almost all ingredients for this recipe are available within the Macro range; available exclusively at Woolworths.
The Macro range has an extensive selection of certified organic whole foods, meaning that a large majority of the ingredients we use in our recipes can be found at Woolworths. It’s a big tick from us!
What are some of the key nutritional benefits of this flourless chocolate cake?
It may taste (and look) indulgent, however this cake contains a range of nutrients. Here is a breakdown of some of the ingredients used and their nutritional properties.
Macro Organic Toasted Coconut Flakes: Macro’s Organic Toasted Coconut Flakes are made from Sulphur free organic coconuts that are naturally dried, flaked and toasted with a touch of sea salt. These Coconut flakes are also a source of fibre.
Macro Organic 100% Cacao Powder: Cacao is a source of magnesium and antioxidants.
Macro Almond Meal: Macro Almond Meal is made from 100% almonds/ Almond Meal is a source of fibre for digestive health, protein and antioxidant vitamin E.
Macro Xanthan gum: Xanthan gum is a gluten-free binding/thickening agent often used in gluten-free baked goods.
2/3 cup Macro Almond Meal
1/3 cup desiccated coconut or ground Macro Organic Toasted Coconut Flakes
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp Macro Xanthan Gum
1/2 cup Macro Organic Cacao Powder
1/4 cup Macro Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
3 organic eggs (separated)
1/2 cup Macro Organic Honey
1/2 cup boiling water
Halved cherries, coconut yoghurt and Macro Organic Toasted Coconut Flakes (to top)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients (except egg whites), mixing well.
- Create a well in dry ingredients and gradually add in wet ingredients.
- Whisk egg whites until peaks form and then gently fold into the mixture.
- Transfer cake mix to a greased and lined baking tin and place in the oven for 30 mins.
- Allow to cool in tin for approx. 15 mins before turning onto a cooling rack.
- Top with coconut yoghurt, cherries and Macro Organic Toasted coconut Toasted Coconut Flakes.