The latest Coconut Bowl nice cream creation is this decadent Dulce De Leche Swirl Nice Cream.
The healthified dulce de leche sauce is made using all natural ingredients that create a sweet caramel-like flavour. For the nice cream itself, we’ve kept it very simple however we would recommend not rinsing the blender after making your sauce, so that the flavour is carried into the nice cream. Alternatively you can add a few teaspoons of the sauce to your nice cream blend.
We also recommend serving with banana coins, raw cashews and/or vegan caramel chocolate. We use Loving Earth.
Dulce De LEcHE NICE CREAM RECIPE
DULCE DE LECHE
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 5 medjool dates
- 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tbsp mesquite (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 frozen bananas
- 100 grams frozen coconut flesh
- 1-2 tsp vanilla essence
- Splash of coconut milk
- Combine all ingredients for the dulce de leche* in a high power blender and blend until smooth (add more milk if required).
- Spoon into a Coconut Bowl leaving a small amount of the sauce in the blender i.e. don’t rinse.
- Add the nice cream ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into Coconut Bowls and swirl a few spoons of the dulce de leche sauce on top. Add additional toppings of choice.
*Note: This will make more sauce than needed for this recipe however it is hard to make in small batches so we recommend storing the leftover in the fridge to use with other recipes. Keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Nice cream fan?
Check out our full collection of nice cream recipes on our free app!