1 tbsp olive oil
4 shallot, chopped
300 grams Amazonia Teriyaki Jackfruit
1 cup freshly cooked organic brown rice
10 grams grated fresh ginger
100 grams baby spinach
2 large tortilla wraps
- Gently heat olive oil in heavy based pan.
- Add shallots and braise for approximately 5 mins.
- Remove approximately 1/2 braised shallots from the saucepan and set aside
- Reduce heat and add jackfruit, cook a further 5-10 minutes, gently pulling jackfruit apart with tongs.
- Add reserved shallots and fresh ginger to cooked rice, gently mix through.
- To assemble wraps, place jackfruit in the centre, leaving room around the edges to fold.
- Place rice mixture on top of jackfruit, followed by spinach leaves.
- Fold sides to fully enclose fillings.
- In a sandwich press, toast for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Combining a Mexican classic with Asian flavours, these delicious Teriyaki Jackfruit Burritos are the ultimate fusion. Loaded with Amazonia Jackfruit, an awesome plant-based substitute for pulled pork, this burrito is perfect for any meal of the day.
Jackfruit is tender, ‘meaty’ and with a subtle taste which goes down a treat marinated in whichever flavours you love best! Amazonia have three pre-marinated flavours, so you can whip up a burrito in no time at all. Our picks are the BBQ and Teriyaki (if you hadn’t already guessed!).
We encourage you to get creative with your fillings… that’s the beauty of burritos! A traditional Mexican Burrito is usually loaded with savoury fillings such as meat, cooked beans, vegetables and condiments but since this one has an Asian twist, we’ve filled ours with brown rice and spinach, letting the flavours in the Teriyaki jackfruit be the hero. Some crunchy cabbage or creamy guacamole wouldn’t go astray.
Jackfruit has become popular over recent years, especially amongst vegans or those who prefer to follow a plant based diet. Nutritionally, jackfruit is low in calories and higher in protein than most fruits. Jackfruit contains an array of essential nutrients, including Vitamins A,B1, B2,B3 and C! Read more about it’s nutritional value on our app.
If you do give these Teriyaki Jackfruit Burritos a go, remember to tag us on Instagram – we’d love to see what your go to burrito fillings are!
For more Jackfruit recipes check out our Cheesy Jackfruit Nachos or our Spiced Jackfruit Curry. All our Jackfruit recipes are quick, easy and guaranteed to impress.