Blueberry and hemp pancakes
1/3 cup buckwheat flour
2/3 cup almond meal
1 tbsp hemp protein powder
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 organic eggs, separated
1 cup almond milk
1 cup fresh blueberries (extra to serve)
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tbsp raw honey
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add in egg yolks, non-dairy milk and fresh blueberries and gently mix.
- Whisk egg whites until firm peaks form and set aside.
- To prepare blueberry coulis, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and place on low heat for approx. 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Gently fold the whisked egg whites into the pancake mixture.
- Place 1 tsp coconut oil in a non-stick pan and allow to melt on medium heat.
- Once heated, add in a small amount of the pancake mix and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes (or until bubbles start to form around the outside) then flip and allow the other side to cook for a minute or so.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture.
- Top with blueberry coulis and additional fresh blueberries.