The perfect lazy Sunday breakfast.
These blueberry and hemp pancakes are so easy to make, and so delicious. Most ingredients are from Macro, a health food range exclusively available in Woolworths. We love that so many of our favourite food products from superfoods and organic nuts to fruit and veg are available in the one place under the Macro brand. Makes grocery shopping easy!
1/3 cup buckwheat flour
2/3 cup almond meal
1 tbsp hemp protein powder
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 organic eggs, separated
1 cup almond milk
1 cup fresh blueberries (extra to serve)
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tbsp raw honey
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add in egg yolks, non-dairy milk and fresh blueberries and gently mix.
- Whisk egg whites until firm peaks form and set aside.
- To prepare blueberry coulis, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and place on low heat for approx. 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Gently fold the whisked egg whites into the pancake mixture.
- Place 1 tsp coconut oil in a non-stick pan and allow to melt on medium heat.
- Once heated, add in a small amount of the pancake mix and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes (or until bubbles start to form around the outside) then flip and allow the other side to cook for a minute or so.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture.
- Top with blueberry coulis and additional fresh blueberries.