Rich, decadent, delicious and healthy!
This choc chilli tart is the perfect choice to satisfy your chocolate cravings. For those of you who don’t like spice or are not so into the choc-chilli combo, the chilli flakes and cayenne can be omitted to create a more traditional chocolate ganache tart.
We love serving with fresh raspberries and a sprinkle of cacao nibs for added crunch.
CHOCOLATE CHILLI GANACHE TART RECIPE
3-6 hours (soaking) + 15 minutes
3-4 hours or overnight in the freezer
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts (we use walnuts and macadamias)
- 1/2 cup buckinis
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 7 medjool dates
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp filtered water
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 3-4 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of chilli flakes (or to taste)
- Pinch of cayenne (or to taste)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all base ingredients in a high-power blender and blend until combined.
Press base into a greased flan tin (35cm x 12cm). Place in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate ganache.
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Combine all chocolate ganache ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the filling on the base and leave in the fridge for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Top with your choice of fresh berries, extra chilli flakes, cacao nibs and/or coconut yoghurt.
This recipe is also great as tartlets.
To balance the rich chocolate flavour, we recommend serving with raspberry coulis. The sweetness of the berries is the perfect complement to the subtle bitterness of the dark chocolate.