Trick or Treat…We choose Treats! and we’re sharing them with you. Treat yourself to Healthy Luxe this Halloween with our Iced Pumpkin Latte and Delicious Pumpkin Pie…so you can have sweets and treats without the sugar overload!
Halloween Iced Pumpkin Latte
1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
1 cup oat milk
1/2 cup cold drip coffee
4 medjool dates
1/2 tsp Amazonia Golden Latte mix
Coconut yogurt or coconut whipping cream to top (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Pour over ice and top with coconut yogurt or whipping cream.
Halloween has a long history dating back 2,000 years, beginning as an ancient Celtic pagan festival of Samhain. The festival was to welcome “the dark half of the year.” It was believed that on this night there would be more interactions between humans and spirits. The festival would include bonfires and costumes of monsters. Many years later with some christian influence attempting to alter the celebration into “An all Souls Day” with the evening before- being coined All Hallows Eve, later became Halloween. However the pagan influence remained and over time, the Halloween festivities took on the likes of trick-or-treating, carving jack-o-lanterns, festive gatherings, wearing costumes of the scary variety and eating treats! (Our favourite part).
Halloween pranks also have a tradition in Samhain, though in the ancient celebration, tricks were typically blamed on fairies. This dark supernatural festival has made its way into the 21st century as some spooky fun.
HalLoween Pumpkin Pie
1 1/2 cups macadamias, ground to a flour
1 1/2 cups buckinis
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup cacao powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup warm water (add more if required)
1 cup cashews (soaked for 3 hours)
1/2 cup coconut cream or coconut yogurt
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1 tsp Amazonia Golden Latte Mix
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Combine all dry ingredients for the crust in a large mixing bowl.
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil, mix well, gradually adding water as required until the mixture binds together.
- Press into a greased pie dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- To prepare the filling, drain and rinse cashews, and place in a blender with all remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy (this takes a few minutes).
- Pour into pie dish and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until set.
- Drizzle with chocolate (optional), serve and enjoy.
If you are a big fan of healthy sweets head to our app or our blog for more guilt free desserts . Our treats are sure to please the whole family. Otherwise, if you just want to scroll for days and drool over some yummy food, follow us on instagram!
We’d love you to tag us in your Halloween festivities this year, with any healthy treats you delight in. Now, we’re off to choose our costumes. And perhaps plan a few pranks….