A flavoursome Asian inspired salad, perfect on a hot day. This is an excellent accompaniment to serve with grilled salmon or your choice of protein.
It is beneficial to have a good proportion of raw foods in our diets, which is much easier to achieve in the warmer months. Having said that, some people have difficulty digesting raw foods, in which case we would recommend lightly pan cooking the zoodles (zucchini noodles). Make sure you do so over low heat to minimise nutrient depletion which occurs in the cooking process. Buckwheat noodles can also be used as an alternative.
Serves 2 (or 4 as a side)
1 zucchini, spiralised
1 cup rocket leaves
1 avocado, cut into large cubes
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup fresh coriander
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp tamari
1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp mirin
1 small red chilli, chopped
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl, mix well.
- Use 1/2 the dressing mixture and thoroughly coat spiralised zucchini.
- Arrange other salad ingredients in a large bowl, place zoodles in the centre and drizzle the salad with remaining dressing.
Want to know the top 3 health benefits of zucchinis?
- They’re extremely low in calories – they contain approx. 30 calories per cup!
- Zucchinis are low in carbs – they are also very low GI which assists with blood sugar regulation.
- They’re jam packed with nutrients! Zucchinis contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, potassium, dietary fibre, just to name a few.
After some more healthy lunch and dinner inspo? Check out our savoury recipe collection here.