The homemade miso paste used in this Miso Eggplant recipe is a Healthy Luxe staple – it is quick and easy to make and goes well with so many things.
We recommend serving miso eggpant with sesame seeds, sprouts and Power Superfoods organic wakame flakes. Wakame seaweed is one of our favourite ways to add flavour and nutrients to our savoury dishes… It contains Vitamin A, B2, B9, C, D and E as well as magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium and iodine.
MISO EGGPLANT RECIPE
4-6 (as a side)
1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp brown rice miso paste
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp hulled tahini
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- Sesame seeds, sprouts and wakame flakes, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Slice eggplant in half and using a knife, score in diagonal shapes.
- Brush eggplant surface with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place on a lined baking tray (flesh facing upwards) and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the eggplant is soft.
- Meanwhile, combine all miso ingredients in a small bowl and mix well to create a thick paste.
- Once eggplant has cooked, spread the miso paste evenly to cover eggplant surface.
Return to oven and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Turn heat off and leave eggplants in the oven for 15 minutes to rest.
- Transfer to plate, serve with sesame seeds, sprouts and wakame flakes.