Serves 4-6 (as a side).
2 medium eggplants
tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp tamari
1 tsp brown rice miso paste
1 tsp raw honey
1 tsp hulled tahini
1 shallot, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp grated ginger
Sesame seeds, sprouts and wakame flakes, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Slice eggplant in half and using a knife, score in diagonal shapes.
- Brush eggplant surface with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on a lined baking tray (flesh facing upwards) and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the eggplant is soft.
- Meanwhile, combine all miso ingredients in a small bowl and mix well to create a thick paste.
- Once eggplant has cooked, spread the miso paste evenly to cover eggplant surface.
- Return to oven and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Turn heat off and leave eggplants in the oven for 15 minutes to rest.
- Transfer to plate, serve with sesame seeds, sprouts and wakame flakes.