Coconut vegetable samosas
8 coconut wraps*
1 cup cooked chickpeas**
250g kumera, diced
250g pumpkin, diced
1 red onion
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2/3 cup filtered water
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/2 medium sized red chilli
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
*We use Jimalie Coconut wraps
**We use dried organic Australian grown, these need to be soaked overnight and then boiled for approx. 1 hour. Alternatively, you can use tinned organic chickpeas.
- Braise onion in coconut oil for approx. 3 minutes.
- Add diced pumpkin, kumera, chill, water, lemon juice and spices (except fresh ginger and coriander), mix, cover and gently simmer over low heat for approx. 40 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Add grated ginger, fresh coriander leaves and cooked chickpeas to vegetable mix, simmer for a further 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Place approx. 1/4 cup of the vegetable mixture on coconut wrap sheet and fold into a triangle.
- Repeat this process for remaining wraps.
- Place in oven and bake for approx. 3 – 5 minutes, or until golden and crispy around the edges.
- Serve with tzatziki, fresh mint, lime, cumin and/or chilli flakes (optional).