Tiger nut berry pancakes
1/2 cup tiger nut flour
2 eggs, separated *
1/4 cup coconut water
1/4 cup fresh blueberries (halved)
1/4 cup fresh raspberries (halved)
1 tsp coconut oil
Extra berries (to serve)
Coconut yogurt (to serve)
*Replace with banana + protein powder, or chia egg to make vegan
- Place tiger nut flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Separately, mix egg yolks with coconut water. Make a well in tiger nut flour and gradually add liquid.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form and gently fold into mixture. Then, gently stir in berries.
- Add coconut oil to non-stick pan and allow to melt over medium heat, ensuring base of pan is completed coated with coconut oil.
- Place small amount of pancake mixture in pan. After a minute or so (when bubbles begin to appear and edges appear cooked), flip and cook a further minute.
- Serve with more fresh berries, coconut yogurt and/or a drizzle of maple syrup.