This super berry slice has a creamy lemon cashew centre, a ‘super berry’ layer on top of a delicious fudgey chocolate brownie base. It is the ultimate sweet indulgence, without any guilt.
For the berry layer, we’ve added a teaspoon of freeze dried maqui and acai berry powder. These superfood additions are optional, however they do enhance the nutritional value as well as contributing to the vibrant pink colour.
We recommend serving this super berry slice with fresh raspberries, cacao nibs and/or a drizzle of raw chocolate.
SUPER BERRY SLICE
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1/4 cup buckinis
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 6 medjool dates
- 1/2 tbsp filtered water
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries (optional)
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tsp maqui or acai berry powder (optional)
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Press into the base of a greased and lined square spring form cake tin and set aside while you make the filling.
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Add all ingredients (except frozen raspberries) to a high power blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place fresh raspberries around the outside of the cake tin (if using) and then pour approx. 3/4 of the lemon cheesecake mixture on top of the chocolate brownie base.
- Transfer to freezer.
- Add frozen raspberries and berry powders to the remaining lemon mixture. Add additional coconut nectar to taste. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Gently spoon on top of the lemon layer and return to freezer.
- Allow to set for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Place in the fridge 1-2 hours before serving to thaw.