Spiced pumpkin and pecan pancakes
1/3 cup buckinis (buckwheat kernels)
1/2 cup pecans
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup almond milk
2 medjool dates
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla bean powder or essence
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
2 organic eggs, separated
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp coconut oil (to cook)
Serve with maple or honey
- Combine buckinis, pecans, pureed pumpkin, almond milk, dates, spices and egg yolks in a high-power blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add baking powder.
- Whisk egg whites until firm peaks form and then gently fold into the mixture.
- Place coconut oil in a non-stick pan and allow to melt over low-medium heat. Add a small amount of the pancake mixture and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes (or until bubbles start to form). Flip and allow the other side to cook for another minute or so.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture.
- Serve with maple syrup or raw honey.