This Salted Almond Butter Tart is so easy to make (with only 8 key ingredients!) and crazy delicious. To make the chocolate ganache you simply melt Alter Eco salted almond vegan chocolate over the stove with coconut milk and allow to set. We recommend garnishing with chopped almonds and/or hazelnuts.
What are the health benefits of cacao?
Cacao is actually raw chocolate, made by drying Cacao Theobroma beans at low temperatures. The better known product, cocoa, has been through a number of processes, including roasting at high temperatures, before sugar is added to create the chocolate bar, which often contain less than 40% cocoa solids.
The ‘superfood’ status of raw cacao is due largely to its exceptional anti-oxidant rating, meaning it has high propensity to reduce free radicals, thereby protecting cell membranes, reducing inflammation and slowing aging, amongst other benefits.
Cacao also contains substances including anandamide and phenylethylamines, which may improve concentration and are reported to have mood lifting properties, which may be further augmented by the presence of the amino acid, Tryptophan, the precursor to mood stabilising neurotransmitter, serotonin. Other nutrients in cacao include magnesium, essential for cardio-vascular health and energy production; and calcium, required for healthy bones.
All the more reason to load up on chocolate we say!
SALTED ALMOND BUTTER TART
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup cacao powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut butter, melted
1/4 cup boiling water
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Almond Layer
1/2 cup almond butter
- Chocolate ganache
160 grams Alter Eco Salted Almond Chocolate
1 cup coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Combine all ingredients for the crust in a large mixing bowl, mix well.
- Press into the base of a greased and lined tart case. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, set aside and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, spread almond butter on top of the crust.
- To prepare chocolate ganache, combine chocolate and coconut cream in a heat proof bowl. Place the bowl in a shallow saucepan and allow chocolate to melt. Mix regularly to blend the chocolate and coconut milk.
- Pour chocolate over the almond butter and place tart in the freezer for 4-5 hours or until set.
- Garnish with chopped hazelnuts and additional chocolate squares (optional).
If you love this Salted Almond Butter Tart recipe we’re confident you’ll love our Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie! Both easy to make, contain 100% wholesome ingredients and serious crowd pleasers.