This recipe could not be easier to make and yet, it is absolutely packed with flavour. We love keeping it simple with a good quality pasta and the salsa verde sauce but it is also delicious with mixed green vegetables and grilled tuna. We’ve also added matcha powder for a nutrient boost.
Matcha powder (we use Matcha Maiden) is made from organic green tea leaves stone ground into a fine powder, creating a product with up to 137 times the anti-oxidants of regular green tea. It is a high quality, meticulously prepared tea, traditionally used for Japanese tea ceremonies. The well known benefits associated with green tea, such as improved mind focus, enhanced immune, detoxification and metabolic processes, are therefore also augmented with this potent blend. Matcha is sourced from Japan and it is essential that you choose organic to ensure product is rigourously tested for both chemical and radioactive residue.
150 grams spaghetti of choice
1 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (dill, basil, parsley)
50 grams organic capers
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1-2 tsp matcha powder
- Cook spaghetti according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Meanwhile, mix all other ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Allow the sauce to sit for flavours to infuse while pasta is cooking.
- Toss salsa verde through freshly cooked pasta.
- Serve and top with toasted pine nuts (optional).